Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Spring Cleaning

I have been "spring cleaning" all day. I guess since I was working this year my deep cleaning was put on the back burner until school was out. Ronnie took the girls and stayed out of the house for a few hours so I could get some things done without interruption. Am I the only one that has to have an empty house to be able to clean like I want? I went through closets, toys, clothes, etc. I think I am actually in a better mood since I feel like my house has had a good cleaning.

We have had a pretty low key week. Sara Catherine has started swimming lessons, so I take her every afternoon. Our cousin, Ava, is also taking swimming lessons at the same time as SC. She lives in Montgomery and is staying with her grandmother for two weeks to take swimming lessons here. We were excited because Ava spent Monday night with us since Aunt Deb had somewhere to be early Tuesday morning. It was the first time Ava had spent the night away from her parents and grandparents. She did great! I feel like she had a really fun time. I remember being a kid and loving it when I was able to visit with cousins, so I tried to make it as special as I possible could! We painted toe nails, put on stick on nails, had a Sonic slush, watched movies, went to VBS, ate pizza, and played...hard!




As you can see in the above pictures, Flynn is doing great. When we took him to the vet the week after we adopted him, he was on the brink of dying. I really don't know why the lady was so worried about us keeping him outside because he had a lot more issues to be worrying about. He had a tape worm and hook worms. He was severely malnourished. It was so bad that his two back legs were starting to deform. Luckily, we saved him in enough time that his problems should be fixable. The vet gave us calcium tablets and an antibiotic to give him. She also told us that he had a two week incubation period that he may die. It has been almost two weeks, and I think ole Flynn is going to make it. He looks and acts like he feels better. He is also quite the escape artist. We were gone this past weekend and our good friends took care of him. They had to put boards and bricks around his pin so he would stay in.

Yesterday after swimming lessons, Ronnie cut the grass. SC jumped on with him, so I ran outside and took this picture...

He said that he made two more rounds and this is what happened...

She is out!! I scooped her up and took her inside and rocked her for a good hour and a half. Caroline was napping in her bed, so all three of us had a little siesta!



Here are some random pictures from the past few days...

She painted her face to look like Captain Hook. Argh!

Caroline is a mess (in a good way)!!! She has the funniest little personality and thinks she can do anything big sister can do! She has misplaced one of her hearing aids. I have looked every where for it. I am praying that it shows up with in the next couple of days! When I was taking the pictures below, I kept calling her name to look at me. She was looking down and just smiling. She knew I was wanting to take a picture, so she would look up at me super fast and smile and then look right back down. She then turned the camera on me. She would stick it right in my face. I wonder if that is how she feels I do her??!! She definitely got a good laugh out of it.

1 comment:

  1. I just love little Flynn!! and please please please feel free to come give the Colquett house a good Spring Cleaning :)!!!

    ReplyDelete