Saturday, June 4, 2011

Our Newest Addition

Today we traveled to Dothan looking for a new addition for our family. I have gone to Old Navy on Saturdays numerous times and have seen the dogs outside of PetSmart to adopt. A while back I had told Ronnie that if we ever decided to have a pet, I wanted to get one of those dogs. They always break my heart especially the ones with the black bows on the cages that they tell you will die on Monday if nobody adopts them. Ugh, heart wrenching! So, we have been on the dog hunt for a few days and decided to ride over to Dothan to check out adopting a dog. When we arrived at PetSmart, we saw some super adorable puppies, but they told us that they thought they had bulldog in them. I couldn't bring myself to getting a dog that had bulldog in them. They told us that they don't take dogs with pit bull in them, but I didn't want to take the chance. I think my girls have pretty faces and would like to keep them that way! :) So, we got the directions to Dothan's animal shelter and went to take a look. When we arrived we thought the lady was going to deny us from adopting a puppy because we told her we wanted an outside dog. It offended her. We assured her that it would have shade, water, dog house, etc. They had a decent selection of puppies. They had a whole liter of bulldog mixes that were precious, a hyper but cute black lab, a chihuahua/dotson mix, a rottweiler, and a few more...but then we saw this cute sandy puppy that was sitting calmly in his cage. The girls liked him. Ronnie and I liked him, so I am now introducing you to our newest addition....

Flynn Rider Sansom




I bet you can't guess who named him!!! We call him Flynn. We have had fun with him today. Sara Catherine held him just about the whole way home even though we had something to keep him in.
Caroline is in love with him and keeps trying to give him kisses. She even feeds him dog food without trying to eat it herself! She also mocks him when he is drinking his water and sticks her head down to his bowl. She doesn't drink it but laughs at herself. It is like she knows the food and water is for the dog and not humans.

I think he is growing fond of us too. When we put him in his pen tonight, he started yelping while we walked away. We are all excited about Flynn and are glad that we decided to adopt a puppy. He has had some shots and has been wormed, but we are still taking him to the vet next week to make sure he doesn't need any other shots or medicine. I haven't had a dog since Ronnie and I were first married, so this is all a little new to me especially one that was rescued.

First bath...

1 comment:

  1. Awwww I am just playing blog catch up. This blog melted my heart :)

    ReplyDelete