On Sunday, I decided that I wanted to cut the grass. I haven't cut the grass probably since our first year of marriage when we lived in a rental house in Rose Hill. Our yard was big enough that we needed a riding mower. I like to mow the grass. I occasionally would mow, but when we moved to Andy, our yard wasn't big, so we bought a push mower. After that, Ronnie always cut the grass. A few weeks back we bought a riding mower. Ronnie has only cut the grass with it once to show you how new it is. It was so pretty this past Sunday that I wanted to be outside and get a little sun. Ronnie showed me how to use the mower, so off I went cutting our front yard. SC jumped on with me, and we had a really good time. She eventually got off, and I made my way to the side yard. I made about four rounds when all of a sudden I hit something so hard that the mower completely shut off. Ronnie was in the back yard and came over when I started yelling for him. The mower started back up but wouldn't let the blade down to cut the grass. I broke our brand new lawn mower!!!! OOPS!!!! Ronnie set it up to look under it and found the problem. I had completely bent the blade down. I had hit a small stump that blended right in with the ground! Ronnie said he pointed it out before I started cutting the grass, but I thought he was showing me some roots a few feet away from the stump!! I will be honest. I was glad to hear that it was only the blade that didn't cost too much! I think I will stick to raking the yard or cleaning the house!

On Monday, daycare called Ronnie and said Caroline had a fever. It ended up that she had strep throat which SC eventually caught. I hate having sick babies! They are so helpless and pitiful. :(
The girls also had to go get new hearing aid molds. While Ms. Jenny was looking in SC's ear she said she saw something down in her ears. She said it looked like diamonds! Ha! The more she looked she realized it was tiny grains of sand in both of her ears. She said it was too deep to get out and to call the pediatrician. So of course when we left her office, I called SC's doctor. He told us to come right in. He looked in her ears and said that he had seen worse. He gave us ear drops and said it would be ok. We still are not 100% sure how sand got down in her ears because she wears her hearing aids all of the time!!
My Sick Babies :(


My body is also in complete shock because Ronnie and I started Insanity. It is definitely insane! It is tough. Sara Catherine told me that I didn't need to exercise because I was small. I love her!! It is not that I think I need to lose weight. I am completely fine with my weight, but the muffin top around my waist has got to go!!
After school tomorrow I am going to a Women's Conference with some ladies from church. I am really excited about it and pray to walk away refreshed and closer to our Lord. I'm also helping host a baby shower on Sunday. I can't wait to see the mom to be and rub her tummy!! ;o) I hope you have an awesome weekend with no sickness in your household. That is totally for the birds!!
No comments:
Post a Comment