Sunday, March 13, 2011

TIMBER!

Today, we have been entertained by our neighbors cutting down a huge-dead pecan tree. I think it took 3 hours to actually get the tree to fall. Ronnie and SC sat outside and watched for about an hour. Then, they went to the store to get ice cream, so we sat outside as a family, and watch them try to saw down a tree while we ate ice cream. Then, we came inside and let up our shades and window to watch. Why this was so amusing, I'm not sure, but we were not the only spectators in the neighborhood!! :)



As you can see, this isn't even the whole tree. I took this picture from the inside of our house with the screen from the window in the way.


SC has on her dance outfit from last year. She seriously changes her clothes every hour!


So, for the past two days of spring break, we have been at home cleaning and relaxing. I have taken a nap both days, and it was so nice! When Caroline has napped, I have napped. I think that is a pretty good way to start spring break! Ronnie is taking a nap right now while Caroline takes an afternoon nap, and SC watches Aladdin. This is a pretty cute story: Sara Catherine was supposed to spend the night with Mom last night. While we were eating supper, Sara Catherine calls me. She tells me that she wants to come home. Of course I ask why?! I figured she was sick or something!! She never wants to leave Mom's! She tells me that she figured Ronnie and me wanted to snuggle to her, so she would come home. Mom told me that they were in the middle of playing and out of nowhere SC said that her mommy and daddy probably want to snuggle to her, so she needed to go home. I think that may have been her way of saying she was home sick?! When she came home we did snuggle and watched a movie. We try to have a family movie night once a week. The movie we watched was The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry. I HIGHLY recommend it. It is a christian film and was very inspirational.



Last weekend I was able to attend one of my best friends from high school, Anna's, shower. I had a great time and was able to catch up with girls that I have not seen in forever. Later that night, we went out to eat and had a great time. I must say, it was nice seeing their faces. Isn't funny how you can go months or even years without talking to certain friends, but when you get together you are able to talk like there has been no time between you? That is how I felt when I hung out with my old high school buds. It was very enjoyable, and like most everyone says, we need to do it more often. Unfortunately, life gets in the way and ends up being longer than you actually want it to be. Thanks to facebook, we are able to see pictures of each others lives and feel like we are being a part of each others' worlds!

Me, Whitney, Anna, and Mommy to be, Shelley


The blushing bride to be!


Whitney and her sweet baby, Sophie


Anna, Me, and SC

No comments:

Post a Comment