Monday, February 28, 2011

Lately...

How about this warm and beautiful weather we've had the past week??!! Every afternoon that we do not have something going on, we go outside and stay until we have to come in! That is one of the reasons why I didn't blog any last week. That and I had a stomach virus on Tuesday...not fun! On Thursday night, Ronnie invited his basketball team to the RAC, and I made chili. They actually requested that I make chili. Ronnie tries to have the team over around Christmas or the end of the season. This year, he decided to take them to the RAC at church because there's pool tables, basketball goals, and air hockey. He invited our friend, Jeff, to come and speak to the players. Ronnie spoke to them first about how he is not concerned with the wins or loses as much as he is where they will spend eternity. Jeff also spoke along those lines. We had a good time, and I enjoyed doing something for the team since I'm not able to go to the games like I used to. I actually felt like I was fulfilling a duty as a coach's wife! Ha!



Friday night, I helped my friend with cheerleader try outs. My job was to open the door for the girls when it was there turn to come in. Parents and friends are allowed to pay and watch try outs. Where I was standing, I was able to see the parents faces but not the girls trying out. You know how when you become a parent your perception changes?! I couldn't help but to watch the parents faces as their daughter tried out for cheerleader. I know they had to be just as nervous as the girls. My heart broke for the parents! I can't imagine being in their shoes. I just know how much I love my girls and would go to the moon and back for them. I'm sure those parents felt the same way. They know how much their daughter wants to be a cheerleader and all they can do is sit and watch their nervous daughters. Am I the only weirdo who feels this way??!!

On Saturday, we went to Cookies with Characters. I blogged about this same event last year! We had a great time. SC loved all of it, and Caroline loved the show. She wouldn't take her eyes off the stage. When it was time to take pictures with the characters, she didn't like that so much. As long as they are at a distance, it was ok. We only tried to take her up to Mickey and Minnie. She loves them and loved to look at them, but didn't want them touching her or getting close to her!


Caroline was very concerned about how close we were to Mickey!!


My cousin, Amanda, Ava, and Lily

This is one of the prettiest Belles I've ever seen! I may be a little bias since her daddy is one of Ronnie's best friends and old coaching buds!


Tinker Belle and all of her Fairy Friends

After Cookies, Ava came over to Mom's to play with Sara Catherine. We stayed outside the whole time. It was so nice! Caroline slept the whole time, so Mom and I were able to sit and watch SC and Ava play. They are at the age now where they actually play make believe, and they did the entire time!


The next two pictures are of SC and Ava when they were 2. They were trying out SC's new jeep after Christmas. My how time flies!! They look so little!!


Yesterday, we went to church, and then played outside the rest of the afternoon until it was time to get ready to go back to church. We blew bubbles, jumped on the trampoline, played on the swing set, took a walk, and played with friends. It was a great afternoon. I think warm weather puts the life back in us! I definitely have more energy and want to be outside as much as possible!

She was "talking" on the phone. She will say "hey"! It's funny how they know what to do with a phone!



She and Ronnie took this picture, so it was surprise to me when I was viewing the pics in my camera!

I hope you all have a fantastic week. I feel like mine should be on the up and up. Mrs. Katrina is cooking for our family tonight!! My mouth is watering while I type because she is an amazing cook!

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss! I'm sure if you have children or teach children, you will be reading Dr. Seuss books, dressing up like your favorite character, and eating green eggs and ham this week.

1 comment:

  1. I love the past and present picture of the girls.... amazing how fast time goes. SC's expression in the 2 year old picture is so her *L*!! It's like I can hear her through the picture :)!! Beautiful family Ash!

    ReplyDelete