Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wednesday Randomness

This is a totally random post, but I hope you get something out of it! :)

I thought I would share some of my snack choices here lately. I'm not sure if they are super healthy, but they are pretty scrumptious to me! They have to be healthier than the typical snacks...maybe! ;)

Snack #1....


My friend, Jan, introduced me to this combo! The salsa is from Wal-Mart in the produce section. It is very fresh tasting and beats the jarred salsa any day. The chips I eat with it are also super delicious. They are yummy to eat by themselves!

Snack #2...


I heart hummus!! I love this exact kind, but Ronnie doesn't dig the garlic. He says I might as well open the refrigerator and take a bite out of the garlic cloves! This particular brand sell plain hummus, crushed red pepper, and other flavors. I eat it with pita chips, but if we are feeling real creative or fancy, we will cut flour tortillas (with a pizza cutter) and make homemade tortilla chips. All you have to do is cook them in a little oil and add salt. Yum!! So good!

As you can see, I like salty rather than sweet!

In other randomness:
-Caroline is starting to walk more!! She will take about 5 or so steps consistanlty. I video taped her on my phone, but when I played it back and heard myself, I deleted it and recorded it again...with me not talking!! I think that I always sound awful on recordings, but not that bad!!!
-Sara Catherine can read!! I didn't realize how much she could read. She can read the words at, cat, rat, pat, mat, am, on, and a few more!! I have to give most of the credit to her teacher at preschool!
-Basketball season is winding down. Area tournament begins Friday!
- We are planning our Disney trip and will be booking it VERY soon!! I can't wait!

Maybe my next post will be more meaningful! On a serious note, please be in prayer for my friend, Kelli. She and I graduated from college together. She lost her mother to cancer this week, and it just so happened to be on Kelli's birthday. She lost her dad about 10 years ago. My heart breaks for her, but I think she is getting super power strength from our Lord.

I hope you have a great rest of the week!

2 comments:

  1. That Marketside salsa is awesome! And I will get me some of those Tostitos. Sounds yummy! Your girls are growing---fast! Just like my two:(

    ReplyDelete