This morning was the first morning that my friend, Michelle, and I started teaching the high school girls for Sunday School. I must admit that I was kind of nervous and totally out of my comfort zone. I mean, I teach kindergarten for a living. I feel super comfortable with little ones, but high school girls, not so much!! I was afraid that I would get in my "teaching zone" and treat them like they were 5, or what if I could not connect with them? I also had the feelings that I was not worthy enough to teach a class at church. I know that most of the feelings were not from the Lord, but from Satan. He definitely did not want me to do anything to strengthen my walk nor a whole group of high school girls! As I prepared for the lesson, I realized that it wasn't going to be so bad, and I COULD do it! This morning, Michelle and I taught the class, and I must say, I thought it went pretty well. I don't know what the girls were thinking, but I feel like it is going to be a great class. Not only do I think this is going to be a growing process for them, but for me as well. I will probably end up learning more than them. Isn't that the way teaching goes?! Lol! Anyway, please pray for Michelle and myself as we set out to teach these girls the word of God. I'm excited and eager to get teach this class and get to know each one of these beautiful girls!
Here are pictures of the girls in our class that I took during Christmas at the youth progressive supper...


No comments:
Post a Comment