Friday, February 4, 2011

Winter One-derland

Caroline's first birthday party was this past Saturday. I think it went over well, and everyone enjoyed it!. As you can tell by the title, the theme was a Winter One-derland. Way back in the summer, a couple of friends and I were thinking of themes, and this one was brought up. I think it is a pretty cute party theme for a first birthday in the winter! I googled it and looked on etsy to find ideas. So here was Caroline's Winter One-derland...

The colors were pink, purple, and blue. We decorated with snowflakes and snowmen. A few weeks after Christmas, Mom and I went to different boutiques and shops to buy left over Christmas decorations that went along with our colors and theme. The big snowflakes that hung from the ceiling were from the Dollar Tree for only $1, but my co-worker, Stephanie had a ton that she let me borrow hers!!! Mom made two cardboard snowmen that was bedazzled with Christmas tree fillers. We also made tissue flower poms. I had never made them before but always think they are so cute. Mom knew exactly how to make them because she said that's how they decorated for parties and dances back in the day!!!

For the food, I tried to think of things that went along with winter and came up with this.... ice chips (ruffle chips and dip), warm piggies in a blanket, snowmen noses (cheese puffs), snowman cookies, and fruit. There was also a hot chocolate stand.


Mrs. Terri Hudgens made Caroline's adorable outfit!! It is a appliqued shirt with a pink tutu that has a ribbon around the waist band. She always does the best work and always amazes me with her creativity! I just send her a picture or tell her what I'm thinking and she can make it! She is SO good to my girls and me!! I plan on getting her 12 month pictures made in this outfit.


Meredith cut out the snowflake and letters to make her "Happy Birthday Caroline" banner. I used the left over paper and snowflakes to make a picture banner. I used a picture from every month starting with a picture from birth.


IGA (the grocery store in our town) made the cake. I told them exactly what I wanted and thought it turned out pretty well!! It only cost a little over $30 for the big cake and her little one!


For party favors, I bought bags and let the children fill the bags with the candy out of the candy jars. Since Valentine's Candy has been out since Christmas was over, I was able to find candy wrapped in silver and pink.


Random party pics...

I heart my family!!!



And now pictures of Caroline enjoying her cake!!! She was a blast to watch while she ate her cake. SC wasn't messy when she ate her 1st cake. We all knew Caroline would dig in because she LOVES food. She also never gets to play in her food like this, so I think she was so excited that we actually let her have her cake and eat it, too!


I love this little girl SO much!!!


At this point, I think she was close to being in a sugar coma!! LOL!!!

Like always, our family and friends showed us their love and helped us celebrate our beautiful baby girl's first birthday. Even for the ones who couldn't come due to the nasty flu, strep, or a virus, they still called and did what they could to make her day special. We love each and every one of you who were a part of Caroline's big day!!!

I hope everyone has a blessed and warm weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment