Friday, April 2, 2010

Resurrection Rolls

We have had a super busy week, but a fun one at that! Monday, we went to Birmingham. Tuesday, we went to watch the baseball team. Wednesday, our church had its Easter egg hunt and party for the little ones. Thursday, I took Caroline back to Birmingham and went to Zumba! Today, we are helping Gregg and Meredith move and celebrating Hunter's birthday tonight!

The church did a super cute job on the Easter party. The theme was "Jesus is the light and the way"! Instead of having the egg hunt outside, we had it inside in the dark! The children had to use their flashlights to find the eggs! They also made Resurrection Rolls. This is also a great idea for children to understand the resurrection of Christ. Here are the ingredients and directions:

Ingredients:
* 1 can refrigerated crescent roll dough
* 8 large marshmallows
* Melted butter
* Cinnamon
* Sugar

Directions:
1. Give each child one triangle shaped section of crescent roll. This represents the tomb.
2. Each child takes one marshmallow which represents the body of Christ.
3. Dip the marshmallow in the butter and roll in cinnamon and sugar mixture. This represents the oils and spices the body was anointed with upon burial.
4. Lay the marshmallow on the dough and carefully wrap it around the marshmallow. This represent Christ's body being placed in the tomb.
5. Make sure all seams are pinched together well. (Otherwise the marshmallow will "ooze" out of the seams)
6. Bake according to the crescent roll can directions.
7. Cool
8. Break open the tomb and the body of Christ is no longer there!!
9. Celebrate God's love!

The children loved it! They were all excited when the marshmallow was no longer there! It also taste really yummy! Kind of like monkey bread!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday, I took Caroline back to Birmingham to get the clearance on the hearing aids from the ENT. So now, it's a go on the aids! I think she will get fitted on the 9th! I also went to a Zumba class last night! It was so much fun!! If you like to dance, you would love this work out! It is so upbeat and honestly the class flew by! I did sweat like a pig, so I know it was working. Also, it was neat to see the age range of the class! There were girls in middle school and ladies in there fifties! I've had some people tell me that they were afraid to do Zumba because they don't have rhythm or coordination. I can tell you that I didn't have time to look around at the other women because I had to watch the instructor the whole time, and I'm sure there were times I looked super spastic like Phoebe off of Friends! Well, maybe not that bad :) I think most people in the class were like me and weren't caught up in watching others to see if they were on beat! I thoroughly enjoyed Zumba, and I'll be back next week!

Last, I want to wish my brother, Hunter, a Happy 26th Birthday!!!

*I was going to post some pictures of the Easter party and the kids making the rolls, but my computer will not upload the pictures to my blog! So, I will end by saying....

Happy Easter!

3 comments:

  1. I loved the Resurrection Rolls too! I know my kids were too little to do them, but they tasted great. I loved the idea so much that I am going to do them tomorrow with Neal's cousins' kids. (are you following me there HAHA) I think they will enjoy it! Also, Zumba was a blast and I look forward to dancing beside you next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving when I find new blogs!!!
    WHere do you go to Zumba? My sis in law Christie just got certified (I'm thinking from Golds though she's not teaching yet) in Bham.I gotta get around and meet all these cool families!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Val- I go to Zumba in Opp. The instructor drives about 45 minutes to teach our class! I love it!

    ReplyDelete