Monday, March 1, 2010

Wow, what a weekend!

We had the busiest weekend we have had in a long time! Of course, every weekend seems to fly by, but we were only home long enough to lay our heads on our pillow! To start the weekend, we went to Gantt and had dinner with our friends Gregg, Meredith, and Kaidi. We enjoyed a great time of fellowship and a game of Mad Gab! We couldn't stay out too late because we had to have our beauty rest for Saturday! We had family/newborn portraits made with Vicki Popwell at ten Saturday morning. We started getting ready at 7 and were rushing to be out the door by 9:30! It takes at least 2 hours for all four of us to get ready now! I think the pictures went great! I'm excited to get our proofs back! She told Ronnie he had a very pretty smile and knows why I fell in love with him :) I thought that was a sweet comment! After leaving there, we grabbed lunch and went to Mom's to get ready for Cookies with Characters. If you have a little one, I highly recommend you take your child to Cookies. It is for a great cause and it is so magical for little ones. You can visit www.meredithsmiracles.org to find out more about this awesome organization that puts on Cookies with Characters.


SC's favorite character....Dorothy!!!

Ronnie, SC, and Ava watching the characters perform!

When we left there, we went back to Mom's and had a mini birthday party for Ava! We weren't able to make her party this year because of the snow and the birth of Caroline! So, we decided to have her a little cake and presents the next time she visited!



After the "party", SC took a nap, and then we got ready and went to the Rodeo! I thought she would love to see the horses, cows, and cowboys...but she said it was stinky and she wanted to go back to the princesses! She had a blast dancing and playing with Ava...instead of watching the rodeo! I don't think we got home til eleven!

Amber, Bo, Draper, Amanda, and Lily


YeeHaw!!

When Sunday rolled around, Ronnie and SC went to church (I didn't give enough time to get everyone ready...so Caroline and I didn't make it). When they got home, Ronnie went quail hunting, and the girls and I went to a wedding shower at Mom's. Oh, and I finally braved Wal-Mart with both girls! It was a breeze! My advice (for any new mom) is to park close to the buggies!! It just makes everything easier! When the shower was over, SC and I spent the rest of the afternoon outside playing and went to the Japanese restaurant for sushi....my favorite!! When we finally got home and settled in, Sara Catherine said she was ready to watch a movie and go to bed! For her to say that, I know she was exhausted! I love weekends that are full of fun activities that expose Sara Catherine to all sorts of learning experiences, but I don't think I could have weekends like the past one all of the time, or I would be a walking zombie! Hope everyone has a great week!






On a side note, we are taking little miss Amy Caroline to Birmingham on Friday to have her hearing tested. Please pray that everything is normal and she passes! We did hear back from the genetics testing on Sara Catherine, and it came back normal...which means that it is not genetics! That is good news for Caroline and any future children! However, I will naturally be nervous for Caroline until the doctors tell me everything is normal!

1 comment:

  1. That's a sweet pic of you and Caroline and I love the last one of SC! You need to blow that one up and hang it in the house somewhere! :)

    ReplyDelete