Wednesday, March 3, 2010
It won't be like this for long....
When I am feeding Caroline in the middle of the night this song always pops in my head. When we first brought her home, and I was SO emotional, I would cry every time I thought about this song! I think with Sara Catherine I didn't realize how fast they grow up and how these few and precious months fly by! Before I know it, Caroline will be Sara Catherine's age! When Ronnie was sick and we were staying with Mom, she would wake up with me every time Caroline woke up to feed and asked me the next morning how I was managing to keep my eyes open. I think that new moms have super powers to have the energy to make it each day!! I also told her that it doesn't bother me getting up to feed Caroline because I know that in a few short months she will be sleeping through the night and "It won't be like this for long!" My cousin called me to check on me and the baby, and I told her how I think of that song and it helps me get through those sleepless night. She told me that it makes her cry every time she hears it too because they grow up so fast! Another song that I'm diggin' right now is Then by Brad Paisley. I think that through every stage of life you grow closer to your spouse and your love grows deeper. Again when Caroline was born and my hormones were crazy, I would look at Ronnie and cry. He would ask me what was wrong, and I would say "I just love you so much!" That went with my girls too, I couldn't look at them for a long time without crying because I loved them so much! A lot of my friends told me that they did the same thing! So, as I am typing this Ronnie came home and was looking over my shoulder reading what I was writing...he then told me to call his phone and said he had changed his ring tone for when I called about three days ago, and it is Then by Brad Paisley!! How neat is that!! If you haven't ever heard these two songs, I added them to my play list at the bottom of my blog!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh Ashton, I remember you crying when Sara Catherine was such a bitty little thing! I'm so proud you and Amanda both cherish so much about your girls!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet! "Then" is one of my favs too...it's on my blog playlist:) I haven't heard the other one yet, but am about to google it - thanks!!!
ReplyDeleteI can totally relate.....I cry EVERY time I hear that song, too!!! Darious will be in concert with Rascal Flatts this Saturday at The Wharf and we're going. If he sings that song, which I'm sure he will, my eyes will NOT be dry!!! I cry at all songs that make me think of my babies.
ReplyDeleteAshton, I don't even have kids and I cry at both songs!!! I'm like a baby. Ha!
ReplyDelete