Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thrifty Nifty

I have a ton of friends that coupon and save loads of money. I have been wanting to try it out for a long time but thought I didn't have the time. Since I am home for the summer, I decided to give it a try so that when school starts back it won't be so overwhelming to start couponing. I've had two friends that have really taught me how to coupon. Thanks Lorrie and Michelle! Mom was able to locate me a Birmingham paper (they have the best coupons around here), and I clipped all of them out. Then, I looked at the Rite Aid sales paper and figured out what I needed and what matched my coupons. I had heard that our Rite Aid runs out of sales items fast, so I went to Andalusia. This is what all I bought at Rite Aid...

I spent $33 and SAVED $44!! Woohoo!!! Here is a break down of everything I bought and what the original price of each item was:

Pampers Cruisers Box: $19.99
Hearing Aid Batteries: $11.99
2 Banana Boat Sunscreens: $9.99 each
2 Deodorants: $2.50 each
2 Body Washes: $4.99 each
Crest Toothpaste: $2.69
Oral B 3D white Toothbrush: $2.69

Since I took advantage of the sales paper each one of these items were on sale, AND I had a coupon to match every item except the hearing aid batteries and the toothbrush. I bought the batteries on sale for $7.99 and had UP rewards for the toothbrush so it was basically free. I also got the 2 body washes, 2 sunscreens, and the toothpaste for free thanks to UP rewards and coupons.

One item that I wanted was Huggies Little Swimmers diapers, but they didn't have Caroline's size. They were on sale for $6.99. We are completely out, and Caroline NEEDS them. So, I went to Wal-Mart where Little Swimmers are $9.97 and gave the cashier the Rite Aid sales paper and he matched their price. Plus, I had a coupon for $1.50 off a pack of little swimmers. With tax, I paid right at $6!

On Wednesday, I am going to try couponing at Publix. We have to go to Dothan to get Caroline a new hearing aid made (No, we never found the one we lost). I have friends who save a lot of money at Publix. My goal is to try to half my normal grocery bill. I will definitely have to look at www.southernsavers.com the night before to make out my list. I will let you all know how that shopping adventure goes!!

I doubt I blog again before next week so,

Happy 4th of July from the Sansoms!

5 comments:

  1. Way to go! I get so excited to know that I'm saving some $$$. I so wish we had a Publix....they do have the best deals! Anyway, good luck on the next trip!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you find a Birmingham paper in Opp I have been looking for one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lady that works with my mom gets them.

    -Ashton

    ReplyDelete
  4. helloooo! we miss hearing about your kids! please do an update soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss your reading blog posts!

    ReplyDelete