I have decided to start blogging again. I don’t know how often I will get to blog, but when I have time to myself, I am going to try to blog. I really enjoy blogging and feel like it is a hobby (which I don’t have any other ones). I still go back and look at blog post to remember certain events or just to look back at how much my girls have grown! I also wanted to start back because we have family and friends who live far away from us and have told me on more than one occasion that they miss my blog because this was their way to stay connected with our family. Some of these people we only get to see once a year, if that, so I know how important it is to them to see the girls’ daily activities, pictures, and stories. Facebook is great for everyone to keep up with us, but you don’t get the story behind the picture. So with that being said, let me do a recap on what the Sansoms have been up to for almost two years.
Where do I begin?!? Ha! Ronnie and I both have different jobs since the last time I posted. I now teach kindergarten in the same school system as him. I loved my old school, but it is so nice to be in the same system as Ronnie. I also teach with some of my very best friends that I have had since Ronnie and I first married or became friends with once we moved to Opp. Ronnie is now the guidance counselor at the high school and no longer coaches. I would be lying if I said I missed him coaching. We have had more family time this past year than we have had in our almost nine years of marriage. I didn’t know what to think when he was home on the weekends during football season and actually ate a warm dinner at the same time the girls and I ate! Or when the holidays rolled around and there were no tournaments to go to. We have never been able to plan trips Thanksgiving or Christmas break because of ball, but we are hoping to go somewhere this year. Ronnie gets asked a lot if he misses coaching. He definitely misses the kids, but he has told me more than once that he loves how much family time he now has. He does get his coaching fix on Friday nights during football season when he helps in the box or on the field! ;)
We also built a house this past fall and moved in two days before Christmas. It wasn’t a bad experience for us at all. I have heard horror stories of people building houses and how stressful it can be, but that was not the case for us. I did have a model I was going by, but tweaked it to be my own. Our contractor and his wife were great and made it easy for us. They have great taste and helped us make decisions.
Now for the part most people want to read about, our sweet girls!
Sara Catherine is now in kindergarten. Yes, kindergarten! Where has the time gone??!! It truly feels like we just brought her home from the hospital. She is our sweet compassionate child. She is by no means perfect, but she obeys and hates to disappoint people. When she does get in trouble she always asks for forgiveness and means it. She is reading chapter books (that is a BIG deal to her). She also enjoys dancing, cheering and tumbling. She just got her back handspring, so hopefully this summer she will be able to work on it and make it strong. She loves an audience and is not shy to perform. She is a girly girl but does like going hunting with her daddy or shooting her BB gun with Papa. She has a love for our Lord that amazes me. I am proud of her and all of her accomplishments, but to know that she loves Jesus with all of heart makes me the happiest.
The last time I blogged Caroline was 17 months. She is now three! She is FULL of life. Her curly hair (which I love-love-love) fits her personality to a T. She is fun loving and “wild”, as Sara Catherine would say!! She is a bit testier than Sara Catherine. She is funny though, and you never know what she is going to say or do. She is on a kick right now where she asks anybody and everybody what is their name. She even asked the waitress last night if she wanted to go home with us. This morning Ronnie carried her into our room and right when she saw me she popped her head up and with a big smile and arms wide opened. She then roared at me like a lion and started laughing. That is Caroline. Most of us have to have time wake up. Not her! When her eyes pop open she is ready for the day.
I have saved the biggest and best change in the Sansom household for last…
In November, God blessed us with another beautiful baby girl. Amelia Joy Sansom. She is the sweetest- not planned- surprise we could have asked for. Around this time last year, we were picking out house plans for 3 bedrooms, but God definitely had different plans for us. Our contractor was actually one of the first people who knew we were expecting because we needed to start looking for 4 bedroom plans!! I am SO glad for our gift from God. She may have not been part of OUR plan, but she is a JOY (this is how we came up with her middle name) from heaven above, and I am thankful God had her in HIS plan for us. She is a healthy five month old. She is a little butterball and happy baby. I am curious to see what her personality shapes into. Sara Catherine and Caroline are not shy at all!! They are both out going girls, so it will be interesting to see if Amelia is also like them. Ronnie and I are both out going, so maybe that is why they are too. I guess time will tell!
Well, that pretty much wraps up what we have been up to in a nutshell. The fall was definitely the busiest we have been in the past two years. I changed jobs, we built a house, and had a baby. All of those things were HUGE blessings in our life. I can’t complain.


I am sooooo glad you are back :)!!!
ReplyDelete