Sunday, May 1, 2011

Truth

I've talked to more than one person who has asked the question, "How real are blogs?" Most people (including myself) blog about everything that is perfect in their lives and never mention the bad, unless it is something that is "real bad" like cancer, death, or other awful experiences. One of my friends said that it's like people will be arguing with their husbands while blogging about how he is the best dad/husband. I know that teen girls read my blog, and I don't want to give the false sense that life is always a bed of roses and things don't go wrong. The main purpose for my blog is to inform family and friends that live away from us what is going on in our lives. It is also a way for me to remember milestones or funny things that happen with my girls. One of the blogs I follow had "Saturday Confessions" that shared the not so perfect things that had happened that week. We all have them.

So, here are some of the "Confessions" for my life last week:

* Caroline had a BM while taking a bath with Sara Catherine. It was gross. Ronnie scrubbed down everything in the tub while I took care of the girls.

* My house is messy at least 4 out of the 7 days a week. Toys and Clothes are normally scattered around the house. Hopefully, I will get a grip on things this summer. If you were to just stop by unannounced, I can not guarantee our house will be picked up.

* I burnt supper one night last week. I would say I'm a pretty good cook, but something went terribly wrong with the tenderloin. It tasted like a wet dog smells.

* We cleaned out my car yesterday. If you looked in my car before we cleaned it, you would have sworn I was a hoarder. When Ronnie lifted up the back seat that SC sits under, there was a chicken nugget, fries, Cheez Its, gold fish, paper, and a few toys. Disgusting. No wonder my parents always tell me my car stinks!

* I was a "Royal Wedding" fan! I started watching the bios and everything a whole week before. I get up at five every morning and put my make up on while watching the news, so this was going to be perfect for royal wedding watching. Mom had spent the night Thursday night because she kept the girls for Ronnie and me to go to the FCA banquet in Dothan. Well, she came into the living room Friday morning, and I thought she was about to turn the channel and totally bit her head off. Sorry Beckster. I'm not a morning person and normally have a good hour before I have to deal with anybody.

* Sara Catherine has started saying "ain't". I think I might make her wash her mouth out with soap the next time she says that word. Just joking, but I really can not stand that word. We do not say it, so I don't want her to start. It sounds ignorant, so I correct her.

*I haven't done my Insanity work out in 3 days, but Ronnie is getting our dvd ready as I type this. I think I might just see the manocotti that I just ate. I'm sure the Mexican, pizza, and pasta I ate this weekend did not help my figure!

* I hurt SC's feelings tonight. I felt about 2 inches tall. I did tell her that I was sorry, and she said she forgave me.

Every week has some sort of mishaps. We never have a perfect week, but I know that I personally don't like reading about others' drama all of the time. I definitely don't want to sound like a "Debbie Downer!" I am very happy with my life, and I wouldn't change the first thing about it. Life isn't a fairy tale like we watch on movies. There are times when Ronnie and I argue. There are times when I'm ill as a hornet. There are times when I think we are weirdos, and if people were to hide in our house and watch us they would think we were the biggest goobers on the face of the earth!

So, those are my confessions. I hope that I have given you all a glimpse into my not so perfect life!

4 comments:

  1. This is exactly why I do Saturday Confessions! I too mostly do a blog to record my children's lives and our family. But I realized one day that all I ever talk about is the 'good' stuff and that's not always the truth. God has really been speaking to me about living an authentic christian life. And I guess that would include my blog:) Another thing is that when I read other's blogs and they are being truthful about life and all it's yuck, it encourages me to know that I'm not the only one that has bad days!!! I enjoyed reading!

    And the tenderloin story made me laugh out loud! Hilarious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog it is honest, I had Sara Catherine in Sunday School when yall were at Southside.. yall are sweet poeple and great parents, it was good to get to know yall back then and keep up with yall thru your wonderful blogs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the honesty! Don't feel bad, my house is almost always a mess and I'm at home everyday. And, I am sure your family is no weirder than anyone else!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just came across your blog and wanted to say hi :)
    I have twin girls {Grace & Faith} who were born at 23 weeks. One of them has a profound hearing loss and auditory neuropathy.
    I was touched by reading your story of Sara Catherine!!!

    ReplyDelete