Saturday, January 15, 2011

What's For Dinner?


Back in October, two of my friends and I got together and prepared 8 meals to freeze for each of our families. Believe it or not, it was much cheaper than going out and buying all of the ingredients and making 8 meals by myself. I think we each paid $59! Not only was it cost efficient, but it also saved me time. Now that I'm a working, convenience is everything! It has been very nice to open the freezer, pick a meal, thaw it out, and bake, grill, or put it in the crock pot. We have all ran out of our meals, so we got together this morning and made some more meals. This time we made:
-Taco Soup
-Vegetable Soup
-Lasagna
-Chicken Parmesan
-Crock Pot Fajitas
-Grilled Sesame Chicken
-Maple BBQ Oven Pork Chops
-Asian Pork Chops
-Marinated Pork Chops

We had an extra friend with us today, and it still only cost $57 for NINE meals! It took us about 3 hours to make everything, and I would rather spend 3 hours on a Saturday with friends to prepare 9 meals than spend 30 minutes to an hour on a single night to prepare ONE meal. That is precious time that I can be with my girls during the week!!!


Sweet Claire was our helper! This is the lasagna she prepared all by herself for her family!


I just thought this picture was pretty! These are the different peppers that went into the crock pot fajitas. Yum!

3 comments:

  1. Love this idea!!!!!!!! Would love for you to share the recipes too!!! Always looking for good recipes :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good idea!!! Sounds like fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your blog on Kelly's Korner this morning. I am having a baby in March and looking for great freezer meal ideas. The ones you listed sound great. Could you please either post or email the recipes? sfretwell@suddenlink.net

    Have a great day!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete