Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas 2010 Wrap Up

This Christmas was one of the best ones that I can remember. I think children make Christmas so much brighter. From singing Happy Birthday to Jesus to hearing Santa Clause outside our window, it is just so much fun with little ones.

Here is how our Christmas went down:

We made our homemade wrapping paper along with Christmas cookie jars for some friends and family. The jars are a great gift for children to help make. SC had a blast making them. Thanks Jama for sharing the link for these jars on your blog! Too, we baked these cookies, and they were delicious!


We read the Christmas story and Twas the Night Before Christmas. Caroline missed out this year on reading the stories and exchanging ornaments because she had already fallen asleep. After reading the Bible, we asked SC if she wanted to sing Silent Night. Ronnie and I started singing it to her, and we both got a little choked up and had to quit singing. We talked about why it choked us up and came to the conclusion that it was a beautiful moment. We were sitting in the dark with only the Christmas tree lights shining, holding Sara Catherine, and praising our Lord. That is what Christmas is about.


When we finally went to bed, Sara Catherine and I heard Santa sleigh bells and heard him say Ho Ho Ho! ;) That made it even harder for a certain someone to fall asleep! We told her he must be at our neighbor's house, and she better hurry and go to sleep before he gets to our house!

On Christmas morning, we were up and around the tree by 6:30!

Rapunzel! I think I will be vacuuming up Rapunzel's hair for the next year!

Caroline LOVES her new car seat! She was squealing and clapping her hands on her first trip!
Then, I looked back and was able to capture this moment. It melted my heart!

After our house, we headed to Mom's. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast casserole that Christin and Hunter made. I will have to get the recipe and post it on the cooking blog. After we ate, we opened more presents!




SC and her infamous "Eugene" doll, Max, and Rapunzel! She was ECSTATIC over Eugene!!

After lunch, my cousin, Amanda, and her sweet family came to exchange presents and enjoy fellowship.

Lily and Caroline would not quit hugging. Too Sweet!

Two Rapunzels! SC=Rapunzel 1 with long hair. Ava=Rapunzel 2 with short hair because Eugene cut it off and it turned brown!

Around 4:30, we headed to Ronnie's parents to enjoy another Christmas gathering.

Isaac was hilarious every time he opened a Thomas toy. He was so excited!

Most of you are going to think I am crazy, but this was one of the presents I was most excited about receiving...and yes, it was on my Christmas list! Thanks to Ronnie's parents for getting it for me!

By the time we were home, we were all exhausted. We are blessed to have families that live close enough to visit them all and be back home all in one day!

Mom, Christin, and I decided that we would do something fun the day after Christmas since it can be a little depressing. We went to the Shakespeare Festival to see Peter Pan. It was a great play! One pirate came up to SC during the play, and Smee came up to her and let her "crow" in his mic! Not only did we enjoy the play, but we also enjoyed seeing the snow! It didn't stick, but it snowed for about two hours before the play!

If you look hard, you can see the snow flurries on Mom's coat. It was snowing harder than this, you just can't see it in the picture!




P.S.
This is how SC came home from her first hunting trip! They didn't see any deer, but Ronnie said she had a good time and was quiet!

No comments:

Post a Comment