
This is the last of Ronnie's Venezuela journal entries. I hope you have enjoyed these post!
Friday, July 9
Today is beach day. I am pretty homesick now and I want to get on a plane and go home. I can't explain how hard it is to get ready to go somewhere on Venezuela time and drive/ride in Venezuela traffic. It can be such an adventure. No one is in a hurry until they get on the road. The driving is crazy. A few people have been sick this morning, so I hope I can avoid that! We finally made it to the beach and took a boat out to an island that is very beautiful. I have never been at the beach and been able to see the mountains in the backdrop. It is awesome! We had some type of fish for lunch that was cooked head and all. It was very tasty, but I couldn't eat very much because we ate sandwiches when we first got here. These people eat like I have never seen! Some men came by selling souvenirs and of course we all bought some. Germany asked Allison to witness to them, and 9 people excepted the Lord right there on the beach. It was great! We are going to the mall later, but all I want to do right now is get on a plane headed to my wife.

This experience was very humbling, convicting, and eye opening. I have a better understanding of service, compassion, dedication, and contentment. I feel like most of the mission work was in my own life and not the Venezuelans. Going on an international mission trip has given me a passion and vision to bring back to my church and city.

This picture is Mr. Jerry and Ms. Marlana. She is decked out in the Bobcat gear we had given her! She even has on yellow pants! Go Bobcats.
No comments:
Post a Comment