Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Venezuela 7/7-8






Wednesday, July 7

Another cold shower and I was ready to go.



We had devotion in the unfinished church this morning at the request of Mrs. Marlana. Brannon brought a word from 1 Corinthians on the body of Christ. He used the blocks and walls of the church as an example.



We broke up into groups and had prayer for the day, the church, and the work God had already done this week. I almost couldn't finish the prayer from the brokenness I felt on my hear. Three teams went to witness in South Sabaneta. A lot of this area was extremely poor like many of the places we had visited. Allison, Alehandro, Junior, and I were put on a team. Junior was our interpreter because he was very fluent in both languages. After the first woman told us she had a Bible and we had already talked enough to her, I was able to share with her neighbor. The young mother took time away from cooking to let me share with her. She prayed to receive Christ. While Allison and Junior went through the discipleship book with her, I noticed Tinkerbell and princesses in the children's room, so I took a picture to show my family.


As we were waiting for them to finish, Alehandro motioned for me to come with him. He was going to serve as my interpreter to another house. He is only 13 and had not served as an interpreter before. He tried yesterday but got a little hung up so he asked Crystal to take over. Because he had this confidence, five more people were led to the Lord that probably would not have been visited because of time. God was speaking through him for sure. The last two people we witnessed to were a lady and her daughter. Brother Stuart led both of them to the Lord. When we met up with Allison and Junior, they told us the lady they had just led to the Lord asked for them to pray for and share with a lady up the street. Come to find out, while they were leading this woman who was in tears and had goosebumps over her friend, Stuart was leading that friend and her daughter to the Lord! God is so good! After lunch, we went with Germany to clean up the plaza for tonight concert and service at the plaza.


The service at the plaza was wonderful. We were swarmed by beautiful little kids as we passed out candy and cross necklaces.


There was one little gilr who lived across from the mission that just took to me. I never did understand what her name was, but she was 7 years old and missing h er 2 top front teeth. She was absolutely beautiful and adorable. She sat with me for the whole service and tried to teach me how to pronounce Spanish words. When I would say them wrong, she would shake her head and just laugh and laugh. Before we went to bed, Brannon and I were able to spend some time getting to know George, Isaac, and Ericson.


Thursday, July 8

Today was set aside for us to spend with the girls at the orphanage. While the ladies on the trip taught the girls VBS songs, the men went with Hugh to see the farm that supports the girls home. It was a breath taking ride as we went through rain forest and more mountains. The farm was very beautiful but they are trying to expand the corals to hold more cows. However, the funding has ran out. It makes me wish that I could just write a check to finish the church, farm, and girls' home.


(hay bale)

After we made crafts with the girls, we ate once again.

(Chinese!)

We went out to the pavilion and sang worship songs and everyone from Alabama shared a testimony about what kind of impact this week has had on their lives. All I can say is that it was a very emotional, spiritual, and moving service.

The love that the people in this country is definitely an example of the love of Christ. I can't explain the love and servant's attitude that the girls at Muchos Manos display. One little girl named Genesis made me 2 crafts.


There is 1 little girl who has cancer and ears a head covering because of the chemo. She just sat down with Allison and held her because she was sick from the chemo. I took their picture, but I had to walk away because it was breaking my heart.

After the team had shared, Mrs. Partricia and the girls shared a slideshow from some of our pictures from the week. It was very moving. At the end, they had fixed a slide with Brother Gary's picture with his mouth speaking Spanish. It was very cute. When we finally got back, Marlana and Jerry called us all together to present us with a present. She had bought all of the men a little keepsake box painted by a Venezuela artist. Besides my wife and children, I haven't been given a gift wrapped in such love. She was very touched by the jewelry I had given her and the clothes I left for Jerry. They are very giving and gracious people. With all of the down time today, I started getting very homesick. I can't wait to see and hold my beautiful wife and girls. My heart longs for them very much. I am ready to hold them and share with them what all has taken place this week. For example, before we left the orphanage, Partricia told us that Michelle (a girl who doesn't talk and who saw her dad cut a man up with a machete) needed eye surgery. The amount Bro. Gary had given her from Ino's offering was exactly the amount that was needed for the operation. God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment