Saturday, April 10, 2010

Cinderella

Three things that melt my heart:

1. Watching a sleeping baby! I could sit and watch for hours! They are so sweet and peaceful!


2. Watching a daddy interact with his daughters. I know I have said that before, but it is so true! It is such a special bond, and I love to watch Ronnie with the girls.


3. Watching little girls dance and twirl.

With that being said, I want to share this story. The name"Sara Catherine" means God's Pure Princess, and our sweet Sara Catherine is definitely a little princess! I think she has every Disney princess dress up outfit! If you come to our house, she will change about fifty times into another outfit. She also loves to watch Dancing with the Stars because she thinks they are princesses! If they have on a blue dress or have blonde hair, they are Cinderella. If they have on a yellow dress, then they are Belle. A couple of months back I video taped her and Ronnie dancing together. She had on one of her princess dresses, and they were dancing away in the living room! I will always cherish that video! For Christmas, I gave Ronnie a christian cd. We were on our way home from Andalusia, and he told me to listen to one of the songs on the cd. He then explained to me that Steven Curtis Chapman wrote and sang it. So, he plays the song and I boo-hoo big time! I was pregnant, but it still just melted and broke my heart. The name of the song is Cinderella. The beginning of the song is my Sara Catherine to a T! I could definitely see why it touched Ronnie, and thinking of her while listening to the song made me cry. However, something else also made me cry. I remember hearing about how Steven Curtis Chapman had written a song for his little girls. The irony of this song is that a few years after writing this song one of the his daughters (that he wrote the song for) tragically died after her older brother accidentally ran over her. So, knowing that BROKE my heart into a million pieces as I listened to the song. When he wrote the song, his little girl was 3 and went home to be with our Lord when she was 5. On my way home from Andalusia today, I heard it on the radio and thought I would blog about it and add a you tube video of the song. I can't figure out how to do that so I've added a link! The first part is the video and then at the end he talks about what inspired him to write the song. I know all dads feel like this song speaks to them just like Ronnie. All fathers see their daughters as "Their little princess!" I hope you enjoy this song as much as we do!

Link: Cinderella Video

No comments:

Post a Comment