Thursday, September 17, 2009
It's A.......
GIRL! That's right, Sara Catherine is going to have a little sister! We are so excited! While I was getting ready this morning, I told Ronnie I thought it was going to be a girl. He said that he has had that feeling the whole time. He then said that most people assume he wants a boy because he is a coach, but he sees a house full of little girls! Maybe it is because that is all we know! When Ms. Rebecca, the ultrasound tech, was measuring and making sure everything was ok with the baby, she asked us what we thought this baby was going to be. We both said a girl! She then told us we were right! The baby was so active in the womb! We could see her stick out her tongue, yawn, and swallow! She was moving the whole time, so it was not hard to tell what she was! Sara Catherine enjoyed watching her! At first, she didn't really understand that we now know it is a little girl. I guess it had to take some time to sink in! However, she now says that she is having a sister, and she is going to rock her and change her diaper! She is the mothering type, so I think she will be a huge help! I have had so many people ask me if we have picked out a name. Yes! Her name will be Amy Caroline Sansom....and we are going to call her Caroline. When I picked out this name, it was not long after I had Sara Catherine. I said that if I had another girl, I wanted her to have a pretty double name, too. Well, here recently, I have decided that it is a mouth full to try to say Sara Catherine and Amy Caroline every time I am calling or talking about my children. Together, we decided that Caroline sounded just as pretty with Sara Catherine than saying the full Amy Caroline! We feel very blessed and thankful that we will have two little girls! All children are a gift from God!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the name!! We were very close to naming our Caroline, Amy Caroline. Bet you can't guess one our top girl names (if we ever have another)...that's right, Catherine:) Tell SC we are excited about her baby sister and know she will be a HUGE help!!
ReplyDeleteI too love the name!! And I am so happy for you and your family!! I'm sure SC will be a GREAT big sister!!! Congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I had guessed a girl before I read the blog! I love the name! We are a little partial to Amy and Catherine. We had a grandmother named Catherine and the other grandmother is Kathryn. And of course we now have Amy Kathryn. So, anyway I love Kathryn and hope to be able to use it one day too.
ReplyDeleteI know y'all are super excited! Congrats again!
Glad to see you're blogging Ashton! I love the name too! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I know ya'll are so excited and I love the name, too!
ReplyDeleteHey Ashton! Didn't know you were a blogger, too! Glad I found you on Lori's page. Congratulations on the baby girl! I am having a girl too! Visit my page (I guess you can click on my name to link to it...), and I'll get Lori to add you to my page! I can't believe Hunter's about to get married! Lots of new additions to the family!
ReplyDelete