Monday, October 5, 2009

Welcome to Teaching!

This is just a little something funny that happened to me. I started my second placement of my internship today, and it is with a second grade class. I really enjoyed it and can't wait to get started! The students were too sweet and made me all sorts of cards, notes, and drawings. At the beginning of the day, they all told me their names and a little something about themselves. So of course, I did the same thing. One of the things that I told them was that I was pregnant. Well, at snack time, I was walking down the hall with one of the little boys, and he asked me...and I quote..."How did you get pregnant?" Ahhhhhh!! I did not know how to answer his question. Within seconds, he said something along the lines of "It just comes out." I don't know what he meant by that...but I just nodded my head and quickly directed his attention to something else. All of the other teachers thought that was pretty funny, and welcomed me to teaching younger elementary students! Now that I have time to think about his question, I guess I would say something like every child is a gift from God, and He blessed me with a baby! It doesn't directly answer his question, but at least it would have been an answer!!

1 comment: