Friday, December 17, 2010

Run Run Rudolph

I feel like I have been running like crazy! As soon as my feet hit the floor until I go to sleep at night, I have a million things to do. Since it is now my Christmas break, maybe I will have some time to chill out. So, what have we been up to in the past week and a half?

-The girls and I went out to eat with my friends, Whitney and Krista. They both are new moms, and it was quiet humorous trying to eat with 4 kids and 3 adults. The waiter stuck us at a table in the very middle of the restaurant on a Friday night. I heard the people beside us make a comment about wanting to move when we sat down with all of our babies! We had a good time, and I am glad we were able to catch up!

-I think that I am almost through Christmas shopping! I did a lot of shopping online this year. I normally don't, but since I'm a working woman, it was the easiest option! I haven't wrapped the first one.

-Speaking of shopping, Ronnie, the girls, and I went shopping and visited Santa on Wednesday night. Sara Catherine said she was going to be shy because last year Santa's breath was stinky. Luckily, his breath wasn't stinky this year, and she told him everything she wanted! Caroline was not digging Santa. We stood in line for over an hour, and it was past her bed time by the time it was our turn. As soon as I sat her in his lap, she start crying! I took this picture with my cell phone, but she was squirming, so it is blurry and definitely not the best. We bought the one that they took for us! I can't get my photos off of my camera to download (I'm being too impatient), so I just used this one! I want pictures on my blog because I know a lot of times people just scan the photos and don't read everything...that's why I always try to add a few pictures! :)


-I'm so excited for tomorrow to get here! For Christmas this year, Ronnie and I decided to only spend a little on each other AND get new living room furniture!!! We are going tomorrow to buy it! We've already picked it out, but if we waited until tomorrow, we get a discount...it's their Christmas Open House. The only bad thing is that it won't be here on Christmas, but at least we are saving money!

-This is totally random, but I have been meaning to blog about this. I keep forgetting! If you have a little girl, then this is a perfect gift to give her and her daddy! It is the book The Dance by Richard Paul Evans. Mom gave SC and Ronnie this book whenever I was pregnant with her. It is similar to Love You Forever, but for daddy's and their little girls. I cried after only reading the author's note. Hint: The painting of the beautiful little girl on the cover has something to do with the author's note...and no that is not his daughter. The pictures are beautiful in the book. I don't know if it is too late order and give for Christmas, but I definitely recommend it for the next holiday/birthday that roles around. Ronnie loves the book but says it's hard to read without getting a little choked up. The book is Sara Catherine to a T! You can order it on Amazon. If you order it, please, please, please let me know what you and your family think of the book and author's note. I promise the author's note adds so much to the book.


-Since I have already sent out most of my Christmas cards, I thought I would share it on here. This is the proof that was sent to my e-mail (hence the word proof across the picture!). Robert Evers took the picture and made the card. He is very good, and I was most pleased!! Click on his name to check out his blog and website.


-Last but certainly not least! Happy Birthday to my Mother in Law, Diann! I hope you've had a great Birthday! We love you!

1 comment:

  1. I bought the book! I love it! I have all these dreams about all the special memories that Neal and Ella will get to share! The book describes the way I think he will feel. I can't wait for him to read it to her! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete