Thursday, September 2, 2010

F-O-U-R

This will be the last time I will say this, but I can't believe my baby is FOUR! I know some of you are reading this and thinking wait until she turns 14 or 24, and then you will really be saying I can't believe she is this old! Time flies, especially after you add kiddos to the mix!

This past weekend we threw Sara Catherine's fourth birthday party at our house. The theme was Little Mermaid, and we rented a huge inflatable water slide. I think everyone had a blast! Just about everyone we invited was able to come. She is definitely blessed to have such great family and friends!



I have to say THANK YOU to Kim Bowers and Mom for making most of the decorations!

These crabs are too cute, and SC helped make them! They are a great project for little ones.




These were on the food tables.

I think it was the most perfect day for a party! It was warm, overcast, and there was a little breeze. In other words, the parents were not smoldering while their little ones were playing!




I think Ronnie had a little too much fun being the lifeguard! ;)









The children played for about 30-45 minutes, and then it was time for cake and refreshments!

While everyone finished eating, the Birthday Girl started opening her presents!

After presents, it was on to the pinata!


Last, we hugged our family and friends and thanked them for coming as we told them adios!


When the party was over and after we cleaned up, Ronnie, Sara Catherine, Caroline, and I took a nap! I don't know if we have all four taken a nap at the same time since Caroline was born! When we woke up, we got ready and went to Dothan to go out to eat. I know we could have went somewhere a lot closer, but the sentimental side of me wanted to be in Dothan, since it is Sara Catherine's birth city!




I think we had a great celebration for Sara Catherine's birthday! Birthdays were always a BIG deal in my family when I was growing up. It was not just another day. I definitely want to carry on this tradition with my girls. Every birthday is special and a day that should be recognized!

2 comments:

  1. Loved the blog!! You are welcome for the help! Love ya!!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet... four has been my favorite age so far :)
    jama

    ReplyDelete