Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Bumbo Jumbo

This post is going to be a little bit about a lot of things!

First...
Caroline is 3 months old! My how time flies!! She is getting so big! Some of her accomplishments or like I call them, "new tricks"are...

* She can sit in a bumbo chair!
* She is ready for size 2 diapers!
* She wears 0-3 months clothes!
* She can almost roll over! She gets hung up over her arm. I think she will have it in a couple of
days!
* She bats at her car seat toys and holds on to some of her toys for a little bit.
* She drools! SC wasn't bad about drooling, so this is new to me!
* She laughs and "talks" to us!
* She loves to chew on things! SC got her first tooth at 4 months, so I wonder if Caroline is
getting close to cutting her first tooth!
* She doesn't sleep through the night! That doesn't surprise me! SC was 11 months old before
she ever did!

Second...
We took Sara Catherine to Birmingham yesterday for a CT scan. That is normally not a scary procedure, but they were going to put her to sleep to do it because they needed her to be perfectly still. Well, she FREAKED out over getting a "shot". She would not talk to the nurses or anything! It really was pitiful. In the process of her crying, the nurse is going over how they were going to put her to sleep and telling me all of the side effects. So, I was a little anxious myself! The nurses were too sweet and were trying their best to comfort SC. Finally, they asked Ronnie and me if we thought she could stay still during the CT scan. So, we told SC if she would stay perfectly still in the CT scan that she would not have to get an IV. So, they strapped her down. Seriously, it looked like she was in a straight jacket! I would have had to have been put to sleep because I would have freaked out being bound up so tight. They then turned on a Dora dvd above her head, and what do you know...she did perfect! She was so proud to have skipped out on the "shot"! I truly feel like a prayer was answered because I didn't want her to be put to sleep! Since she had not eaten since 7 that morning, we told her she could pick anywhere she wanted to eat. Warning! If you ask a 3 year old that question, be prepared to eat at McDonald's! Of course, we went there! I'm guessing the geneticist will call us to make another appointment to go back to Birmingham for the results of the CT scan!

Third: We had a discussion with SC about jobs. We talked about teachers and doctors and asked her what she wanted to be? She doesn't want to be a doctor because they give shots! So what does she want to be? A crab or an octopus! I asked her if she wanted to help animals, and she said no she wanted to be a crab or octopus!

Fourth:
Ronnie and Brannon (a good friend from church) are going on a mission trip to Venezuela in July. I think this is such a great opportunity for both of them and am so excited to see how God is going to use them on this trip! I definitely think this will be a life changing experience for both of them! Please pray for them as they prepare to go on this mission trip!
(This is the only picture on my computer I could find of Ronnie and Brannon together!)


Last (but certainly not least!)...
Please be in prayer for my friends Meredith and Gregg. I'm sure most of you probably follow her blog, so you already know that she just found out yesterday that she had a miscarriage. She is always so sweet to ask her blogger friends to pray for us, and I feel like the obstacles in our life are so small compared to theirs! They are great friends to Ronnie and me, and we are so blessed to have them in our life.


1 comment:

  1. Caroline is growing and she looks JUST like her big sister! How sweet they are!
    We had the exact same CT scan experience just a week ago with John Luke. We tried to do it here with no sedation---that was a complete nightmare! The child clung to me like never before! He was completely terrified! So we went to Sacred Heart where they would put him to sleep. I was incredibly nervous and tried my best to talk JL into just laying still and not having the "SHOT"! I even layed down on the machine and they let me go in and out so he could see it was okay. Still didn't work! So we HAD to do the shot! TERRIBLE~ I cried with him!!!
    I know Ronnie will be blessed on his mission trip. That is wonderful! And I did not know Meredith was even pregnant, but I will pray for them. I think about them ALL the time and pray that God will still give comfort and peace!

    ReplyDelete