Sunday, March 21, 2010

Lily Pie

This weekend was like most of our weekends...very busy!! We enjoyed every bit of the sunshine, and it has been so hard to do anything inside because it's so nice outside! Friday, we took SC to get fitted for new hearing aid molds. She picked out a mixture of green, pink, and purple for her new ones! I can't wait to see how this looks. Right now her molds are light pink with sparkles! We have been told by other parents of children with hearing loss to let her pick out the color of her molds so she will feel like she is a part of the process and like wearing her hearing aids. Well, I must say she seems pretty excited about getting these new ones! They also tested her hearing again. They haven't tested her since November, so we were anxious to see if her hearing had gotten any worse, and it has NOT!! Yay! That was an answered prayer! That doesn't mean that it will never get worse, but for right now is hasn't! After her appointment, we met some friends at the park and enjoyed the sunshine! On Saturday, we loaded up and went to our cousin, Lily's first birthday party in Montgomery! We felt horrible because we left early enough to do a little shopping. Well, we went into a few stores and was only using Mom's clock in her Tahoe for the time. In our last store, Ronnie looked down at the clock on his cell phone and it said 2:20. We didn't think it was right, so we called my brother and asked the time. That is when we realized we were going by Mom's clock that was an hour behind and were late for the party!! We ended up being about 30 minutes late! The party was too cute, and all the children had a blast playing outside!The birthday girl sporting the tutu Christin made! She's so pretty!

Lily Pie loved her cake!

Caroline slept for most of the party!

Enjoying the sunshine!

SC and Ava are always so sweet together! Christin made these adorable tutus for them, and they loved them!


On the way there and home, we watched Hannah Montana the movie (that is one of the movies SC picked out when Ronnie took her to the movie store). I now know all of the words to Hoedown Throwdown, some of the moves, and had to sing The Climb over and over! I'm not a good singer by any stretch of the imagination, but for some reason, SC thinks I sing that song good and wanted me to keep singing!

Amanda, SC loved the cookies! The one in the picture was her favorite! I think all of the cookies were eaten before we made it home! You did a great job!

After church today, we had a Sunday School social and grilled hamburgers and hot dogs. We had planned to let our children hunt Easter eggs outside, but it was too wet. We ended up hiding them inside the RAC! Spring Break is over, and Ronnie has to go back to work. We have had such a good week spending it together as a family. It makes me excited to think the summer is just around the corner and all the adventures we will have!

Attempting to take a group shot of the kiddos!

Showing off their eggs!

Sleeping Beauty!

Anna Kate and SC loved their goody buckets!

I'm going to end this blog with something that happened on the way to Montgomery. We passed a field and instantly the car was filled with an AWFUL smell. It had obviously just been fertilized with chicken manure. Sara Catherine said "Something stinks" and started holding her nose. She then looks at me and asked, "Mommy did you brush your teeth this morning?" We were all laughing so hard that I couldn't answer her, so she innocently said, "Mama your breath stinks!" We laughed so hard that we cried. That would be some pretty RANK breath to smell like chicken manure! When we passed that same spot on the way home, Mom and Ronnie were snickering, luckily SC didn't say anything about it!

3 comments:

  1. I just LOVE SC!!! She has the best personality and she is just too funny!! I so enjoyed our get together today! We need to plan another one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashton,
    I love, love, love reading your blog. I loved the story of the "stinky breath". She is just too funny. Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! I'll tell Russell just to blame it on someone's bad breath the next time someone complains about the smell. That's a great story!

    ReplyDelete