Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas 2009

This Christmas was so much fun and so very busy! Sara Catherine was a blast! She definitely knew what was going on and had fun participating in everything! She made cookies for Santa and had to leave Rudolph and Clarice (Rudolph's girlfriend) both a carrot! She loved exchanging ornaments, too. She loved hers but enjoyed seeing what Ronnie and I got each other! Then, she had to put them all on the tree! She sat very quietly while we read the Bible and prayed, and then it was off to bed! When the morning came, she started to wake up and was probably about to go back to sleep, but we made her get up! I think it was about 7 o'clock! Of course she enjoyed opening her presents!! After opening her stocking stuffers, I think she opened up one gift under the tree and then opened her Dorothy dress and shoes. As soon as she opened them, she had to put them on before opening the rest of her gifts! Oh, Santa even left Caroline a gift, too! We let Sara Catherine open it, and she was so sweet about it! Ronnie surprised me by giving me a diamond cross necklace that I had mentioned that I had wanted a few months back. I wasn't expecting it because it was over our Christmas budget that we said we were going to spend on each other! He first handed me a super sweet card that in a nutshell said that he was blessed to have me as his wife and mother of his children and wanted to do something extra special this year since I was carrying our second daughter and just completed college! He is such a great husband! I was surprised and excited because I have been wanting a cross necklace for awhile! I stuck to our budget and got him clothes, hunting stuff, a christian cd and book, and a cookbook that he wanted! After we exchange presents, we told Sara Catherine to look outside to see if Santa left anything outside. She pulled a chair up to our back door and looked. She didn't say anything, and then Ronnie asked her if she saw the "jump jump?" I don't think she realized it was hers!! Since it was rainy and cold, we had to convince her to change out of her Dorthy dress and put on warmer clothes to go jump! She really couldn't jump a whole lot on Christmas because everything was so wet! After playing with her new toys, we loaded up and went to Mom's for Christmas lunch. Again, we were spoiled and got lots of goodies! It is always nice spending holidays with family that you love! We ate lunch and played a bit more with SC and then loaded up and headed home for a few minutes. Then it was off to Ronnie's mom's. Again, we exchanged gifts and enjoyed time with family. Ronnie has a nephew that is only 5 weeks younger than Sara Catherine, so it is always fun to watch them play! Sara Catherine is such a girlie girl, and he is all boy!! Once we wrapped up things at his mom's, we came home and hit the sack! We were all exhausted! We spent yesterday just chilling at home and playing with Sara Catherine's new toys! We didn't leave the house until yesterday afternoon to exchange gifts between SC and my cousin's girls, and then we went to eat with some friends in Enterprise. Today, we went to church and now are just laying around the house. I truly think it takes a week or so to re cooperate from Christmas! It has been nice enjoying time as a family and having nothing to do! I think tonight we are going to build a fire in the fire pit and make s'mores with just our little family!

Here are pictures from Christmas...I know it is a lot, but I couldn't choose which ones out of these I didn't want to add! I tried to make a slide show, but the website that I went to only let me download 10 pictures! The first group is from Mom's birthday!

Happy Birthday Nani!



Decorating Santa's cookies all by herself!

The finished product!



Christmas morning!


Seeing if Santa left anything outside...

Her first jump on the new trampoline!





Christmas at Mom and Thad's house!




These two pictures crack me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment