Thursday, October 22, 2009
Update on Sara Catherine's Hearing
On Tuesday, we went to Dothan to meet with the audiologist for more testing on Sara Catherine's hearing. Sara Catherine scored about the same as the week before, so the audiologist has referred her to the Children's Hearing Center in Birmingham. She said that she has concerns about SC's hearing and feels like the best place for SC is Birmingham. She said something along the lines of her test results show moderate hearing loss, but the audiologists in Birmingham may determine it is mild because they will work with children all day and have more tests and testing material. She also said that they will conduct all sorts of test. They will determine what level of hearing loss and when and how she developed this. They will also look to see if it is structural and do some blood work to see if it is genetics. I asked her if she has ever referred a child to Birmingham and the results came back that everything was fine. She said no, and then added, but there is a first time for everything! So, Sara Catherine's appointment is scheduled for Wednesday. I hope that we walk away from this appointment with more answers. I feel like right now, all we know is that there is a great possibility that she has some sort of hearing loss. Everyone has been very encouraging, and I want to thank everyone for the prayers! We have great family and friends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment